We offer a unique and effective Intensive
Exercise Program for infants through adulthood with neuromuscular disorders
and a variety of diagnoses performed on a one-on-one basis with an
experienced and certified physiacal/occupational therapist.
Our program is 3 hrs. per day, 5 days per week for 3-4 weeks depending on the individual’s needs.
Our holistic approach focuses on enhancing the development of independence. A variety of tools and techniques are utilized during each exercise session including the TheraSuit® (Soft Dynamic Proprioceptive Orthosis), Universal Exercise Unit, Spider, Vibration and fitness machines. Intensive Program is ideal for those looking to accelerate their progress in developmental and functional skills.
A typical day of the
Intensive Program consists of the following:
· Warm up and deep tissue massage
· Tone reduction and Sensory Integration techniques
· Decrease pathological movement patterns
· Increase active proper movement patterns
· Stretching/strengthening specific muscle groups responsible for functional movement
· Progressive resistance exercises
· Balance, coordination and endurance training
· Transfers, functional activities and gait training